Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Autel 908 maxisys scantool application s...
Autel 908 maxisys scantool application suddenly closes without warning

2103 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-23 14:06:10

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    mohyuddin
    2017-03-14 10:48:02
     Hello..am facing a problem with my maxisys 908 ..the scan tool application suddenly closes without warning..software etc is up to date..appreciate your earliest feedbacks please

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    abupie

2017-03-15 16:45:15 (Reply to:mohyuddin)

I'm having the same issue

•   Level 3   
    (51) points
    BobD

2017-03-21 16:47:33

My problem is after unit is on and i go to the diag screen it will go right back to home screen. I cant do anything. Anyone have any suggestions? maxisys pro908

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    vehicle services

2017-03-22 12:23:45

Had same problem. Contacted autel support and they sent me a system file update link. Installed that and has been fine since.

•   Level 3   
    (51) points
    BobD

2017-03-22 16:38:21 (Reply to:vehicle services)

How did you contact ? Do you have the contact information handy?

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    Firimari

2017-03-23 03:48:09

Not sure if you are having the same problem as me.  I was getting random crashes and eventually noticed trouble saving data.  I was having to hook my 908 up to my laptop and run chkdsk to fix disk errors.  Note I'm running windows 10 and used chkdsk from command prompt and it takes awhile to run.  Then eventually one of the last updates I got before my subscription expired added a built in file checker.  

If you hit the home icon at the bottom left, and have a Maxitools icon in the list you can use that to scan for disc errors.   I've noticed since they added that my system will pop up a warning on startup sometimes telling me I have errors.  I still occasionally get  random crashes and when it happens I run the checker and it almost always finds bad spots.

I've been hesitant to try to deal with Autel directly.   I've had my unit since Feb 2014, I'm the only one who uses it and I still get good battery life and my screens in great condition.  Don't want to send it off to get fixed and find out I'm worse off with a replacement/refurb unit.

I've only paid for one update and that's now expired.  Keep going back and forth about updating or waiting for this one to fail and replacing it with a newer model.  The tool is far from perfect but it is amazing what it does for the price.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    vehicle services

2017-03-23 14:06:10 (Reply to:BobD)

I had support from Autel uk. But the files came from China to correct fault. They send you a link to download them and instructions how to do it. Took a few emails back and forward . But was pleased with outcome in the end.

Unfortunately the files are a one time download and for your tablet only. So I cant send them to anyone else.
  Total1 Pages